9. Players and Team Officials shall not engage, directly or indirectly, in betting, gambling or any form of financial speculation on the outcome of any cricket match to which this Code applies and in which the Player is a participant or with which a Team Official is associated or on any event which, in the opinion of the Referee, shall be connected with any such cricket match the purpose (or pretended purpose) of which is to benefit such Player or Team Official either directly or indirectly whether financially or otherwise. Players and Team Officials shall not accept any form of inducement, which is considered by the Referee to be likely to affect the performance of any Player involved in any such cricket match adversely.
- The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game as well as within the Laws.
- Players and Team Officials shall not at any time engage in conduct unbecoming to an international Player or Team Official, which could bring them or the game into disrepute.
- Players and Team Officials must at all times accept the Umpire's decision. Players must not show dissent at the Umpire's decision.
- Players and Team Officials shall not intimidate, assault or attempt to intimidate or assault an Umpire, another Player or a Spectator.
- Players and Team Officials shall not use crude or abusive language (known as "sledging") nor make offensive gestures.
- Players and Team Officials shall not use or in any way be concerned in the use or distribution of illegal drugs.
- Players and Team Officials shall not disclose or comment upon any alleged breach of the Code or upon any hearing, report or decision arising from such breach.
- Players and Team Officials shall not make any public pronouncement or media comment which is detrimental either to the game in general; or to a particular tour in which they are involved; or about any tour between other Countries which is taking place; or to relations between the Boards of the competing Teams.